Stone River Elearning – Supply Chain and Software Acquisition
In this course series we cover what secure software design means and why software can meet all quality requirements and still be insecure. There are many benefits of designing security early which we cover in this course. We will cover what we need to be concerned with when procuring software.
Specifically, this course in the series we cover acquisition of software. Whether the software is open source, COTS or custom developed there are acquisition lifecycles that are best practices. We cover the main areas of contracting, Intellectual Property, Compliance and Support that a developer should be familiar with.
What will you learn in the course?
- Understand the Software Acquisition Lifecycle
- Learn about Supplier Risk Assessment and Management
- Learn about what a Service Level Agreement is
- Determine the proper chain of custody
- Learn about the maintenance and support costs
This course is the 8th course in an 8 part series “Secure Software Developers Series”
Course 1 – Secure Software Concepts
Course 2 – Secure Software Requirements
Course 3 – Secure Software Design
Course 4 – Defining Security Architectures
Course 5 – Secure Software Testing
Course 6 – Secure Software Acceptance
Course 7 – Software Deployment, Operations and Maintenance
Course 8 – Supply Chain and Software Acquisition
Who should take this course (Target Audience)?
- You are a developer or software engineer and want to understand
- You want to learn IT security fundamentals focused on software development
What are the Couse Pre Requirements?
There are no course pre-requirements
- Course Overview (2:41)
- Downloadable Files
- Instructor Intro (1:07)
- Course Prereqs (0:43)
- Acquisition Lifecycle (7:18)
- Supplier Risk Assessment and Management (9:01)
- Contractual Controls (4:10)
- Intellectual Property (4:02)
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) (4:54)
- Chain of Custody (3:25)
- Audit of Security Compliance (5:20)
- Maintenance and Support (2:01)
- Sustainment Controls (3:12)
- Summary Review (2:06)
- Review Questions (1:10)
- Course Closeout (1:01)