- Paula Cox
- 5 Hours 22 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 20, 2014
|Manual – Pediatric Gait (10.99 MB)||86 Pages||Available after Purchase|
KINEMATICS & KINETICS OF TYPICAL, ATYPICAL, & PATHOLOGICAL GAIT
- Components of gait
- Alignment of joints during gait
- Force production and gait efficiency
INTERNATIONAL CLASSIFICATION OF FUNCTION, DISABILITY, & HEALTH (ICF)
- Review components of ICF
- ICF as a framework for pediatric practice
- Moving toward scientific practices
- Psychometrically sound measurement tools
- Valid and reliable measurement tools to assess gai
- Using ICF to inform outcome development
- Developing functional and measurable outcome
- What is evidence-based practice
- Review presently used interventions for neuromuscular and musculoskeletal gait disorders
- Neuroplasticity and motor learning, and their importance in intervention
- Research that supports or refutes effectiveness of interventions for common pediatric gait disorders
- Interventions for musculoskeletal and neuromuscular gait disorders with clear supportive evidence
- Review need for psychometrically sound measurement tools
- Review valid and reliable outcome measurement tools
Paula Cox, PT, DSc, PCS, is a board-certified, pediatric PT with over 35 years of experience in pediatric rehabilitation. She is a member of the APTA, the APPT, and the IL PT Association. Dr. Cox served on the APPT’s NICU to EI transition work group. She is committee chair for the APPT course Advanced Clinical Practice in Pediatric Therapy, an ongoing APPT course that investigates current theories and EBP across pediatric settings. Dr Cox presents the EI segment for this course. She operates a private pediatric practice in the Chicago area and provides ongoing mentoring to PT’s in 2013 from the University of Oklahoma. Her doctoral research examined the use of a robotic scooter to provide early autonomous locomotion for infants with Down Syndrome.
Financial: Paula Cox maintains a private practice. She is an adjunct professor at Midwestern University. Dr. Cox receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Paula Cox has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from imcourse.net.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!