Explore how causes of health are inherited, and how longevity is a culturally learned consciousness that can biologically prevent physical illness and disease and help you extend your life — and thrive at 100 and beyond!
It makes sense to most of us that people who live to be 100+ years old have certain factors in common.
Yet, most people don’t realize that these factors don’t actually correlate strongly with genetics, family health history, lifestyle choices, diet, environment, or socioeconomic status.
In fact, according to clinical neuropsychologist Dr. Mario Martinez, genes have only a 20% impact on your health and longevity. The remaining 80% is linked to what you hold in your consciousness — how you view yourself and the experience of aging.
Mario began his groundbreaking research 25 years ago, assuming that longevity was mostly tied to genetics, and that it was perhaps marginally impacted by diet, environment, and lifestyle.
As his research with healthy centenarians around the world unfolded, however, Mario discovered that while we do inherit our genetic predispositions for health, illness, and longevity, living a long and healthy life actually hinges on your ability to transcend and defy the limitations our culture teaches us about aging.
A long, vibrant life is primarily linked to what Mario calls centenarian consciousness — an outlook you can learn and bring into your life no matter how old you are or what your family genetics happen to be.
Would you like to live to be a happy and healthy centenarian? It’s absolutely possible to embody vibrant health, mental acuity, nourishing relationships, and joyful vitality for 100 years or more… because as Mario discovered decades ago, longevity can be learned.
Join us for a 7-module online course as Dr. Martinez, the founder of Biocognitive Science Institute and author of The MindBody Code, takes you on a deep dive into the fundamental factors he found in all centenarians.
Mario will equip you with the tools and insights you’ll need to reverse your biological age and extend your longevity — not by changing your behavior, but by transforming the way you view yourself and the world.
You’ll learn that how you think about longevity is culturally learned, and while the causes of health are inherited, they must be triggered by centenarian consciousness.
Mario will explain how to bring the four fundamental factors found in the consciousness of centenarians into your life:
- Aging consciousness, the belief that aging is simply the passing of time
- Time consciousness, the belief that you have all the time in the world
- Health consciousness, the belief that you have the agency within you to enhance your life and health
- Self-love consciousness, which is also known as healthy narcissism
When Mario visited a longevity center in Warsaw, Poland, biological markers determined his own physiological age to be 20 years younger than his chronological age! Now he’s dedicated to helping others have a similar experience as he shares what he’s learned in a practical and accessible way. No background in science is required!
During these seven modules, Mario will equip you with the tools and insights you’ll need to reverse your biological age and extend your longevity — by transforming the way you view yourself and your life through the lens of centenarian consciousness.
In this 7-module journey into healthy aging, you’ll discover:
- How to cultivate the 4 fundamental factors found in the consciousness of centenarians
- How to identify what Mario calls cultural editors that shape your self-valuation and what you think about aging (even if you don’t realize it)
- How you can embody causes of health that centenarians have in common — including righteous anger, curiosity, gratitude, admiration without envy, and more
- The ways culture can block the development of your selfhood through archetypal wounds like abandonment, shame, or betrayal
- How you can reverse the aging of your cells and thereby your biological age
- How family illnesses are tendencies rather than genetic certainties
- Why time doesn’t actually contribute to your biology
- How most centenarians believe that everyone loves them — and why you should embrace healthy narcissism
- Ways to ignite your personal agency, perceiving and acting in ways that shape your fate into destiny
- The power of wellness subcultures and how to create a community that shares your new perspectives on aging
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
In this 7-part transformational intensive, Mario will guide you through the fundamental skills you’ll need to successfully explore how causes of health are inherited, and how longevity is a culturally learned consciousness that can biologically prevent physical illness and disease and help you extend your life — so you can thrive as you live to 100 and beyond!
This course will feature step-by-step teachings and experiential practices with Mario. Each session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones, so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to embody the four longevity factors of people who live happily and healthily to age 100+.
Module 1: How Mind & Body Communicate in Cultural Contexts
We’re all sentient beings who inherit our genetic predisposition for health, illness, and longevity from our ancestors. We’re also triggered by how our cultures teach us to interpret the internal and external world we experience.
Culture is the collective set of beliefs that a group shares about aesthetics, ethics, transcendence, wellness, aging — and other significant elements of survival and meaning.
In this opening module, Mario will introduce you to the biocognitive mindscape. He’ll explain how cultural editors, co-authors, portals, and tribal admonishments shape the way we perceive the intimate language of love we share in our relationships.
Mario will also share the biocognitive terminology he’ll be using throughout the course.
In this module, you’ll:
- Learn the language of the biocognitive paradigm
- Understand how mind and body communicate in culturally constructed contexts
- Identify the cultural editors that shaped your self-valuation
- Explore the foundational contemplative method you’ll apply throughout the course
Module 2: Archetypal Wounds, Their Antidotes & the Immune System
In this module, you’ll explore how cultures can sometimes block the development of selfhood through archetypal wounds.
During his extensive ethnographic research on five continents, Mario found that cultures wound us with abandonment, shame, or betrayal “for our own good.”
Mario will explain how these archetypal wounds have psychoneuroimmunological (mind-nerve-immune) implications and can affect the quality of your relationships and health.
In this module, you’ll learn to untangle archetypal wounds from your culturally assimilated language — to bring pristine love to your relationship with yourself and others.
In this module, you’ll:
- Identify your archetypal wounds and their antidotes
- Explore how each archetypal wound affects the immune system through stress hormones and inflammatory reactions
- Discover how to free archetypal wounds from the intimate language of love
- Learn to navigate the path of the outlier within you
Module 3: The First Centenarian Factor — Aging Consciousness
In this module, Mario will walk you through the pathways of chronological and biological aging…
As Mario explains the first centenarian factor, aging consciousness, he’ll share the difference between aging and growing older. Aging is the passing of time, while growing older is how we experience the survival and existential beliefs we absorb from our cultures across time.
Research in cultural epigenetics (how cultural beliefs affect gene expression and how they’re inherited and passed down through generations) indicate that your chronological age (how old you are) and your biological age (the aging of your cells) are different.
Fortunately, you can reverse your biological age by learning centenarian consciousness and other methods Mario will share in the modules to come.
In this module, you’ll:
- Discover the difference between growing older and aging
- Be introduced to cultural epigenetics and its impact on personal wellness
- Recognize how family illnesses are tendencies rather than genetic certainties
- Identify Mario’s principles of centenarian consciousness
Module 4: The Second Centenarian Factor — Time Consciousness
Time is only an affordance for the duration of space.
The second centenarian factor, time consciousness, defines the difference between perceived time expansion and perceived time compression.
As Mario will explain, centenarians have a way of viewing their journeys and confronting adversity as if they have all the time in the world.
You’ll discover how this perceptual view has implications regarding how we age and identify with cultural portals that are shaped by our collective beliefs, rather than being biologically determined.
In this session, you’ll discover:
- How to elongate your perception of time
- How to reverse cultural aging
- Why time doesn’t actually contribute to your biology
- How to live a lifet that’s free of cultural portals
Module 5: The Third Centenarian Factor — Health Consciousness
In this module, you’ll explore how family illnesses are predispositions rather than genetic faits accomplis.
While conventional gerontology studies the pathology of aging, biocognitive science identifies the causes of health in the process of growing older.
Mario will discuss the latest research on how illnesses attributed to aging are reversible in many instances — and why growing older is a progression from simple to complex, rather than from order to disorder.
He’ll also explain how the mind and the brain age differently, and introduce methods to reverse the difficulties of diminished function often associated with biological aging.
In this session, you’ll:
- Determine the limits and flaws of conventional gerontology
- Explore how most illnesses — including hypertension, fibromyalgia, and more — have a learning component that can be reversed
- Identify the cultural editors of health and illness in your life
- Discover how the mind and the brain age differently
Module 6: The Fourth Centenarian Factor — Self-Love Consciousness
In this module, Mario will discuss the transition from self-neglect to self-significance.
Did you know that most centenarians believe that everyone loves them? It’s a mindscape that Mario’s mentor, Dr. George Solomon, a pioneer in psychoneuroimmunology, called healthy narcissism.
Although the term can be confused with the pathological diagnosis of narcissism, this centenarian way of perceiving love is quite different — and it’s one of the causes of health you’ll learn to incorporate.
Additionally, Mario will explain how most cultures teach false humility, which can cause you to deny your excellence or minimize compliments you receive. You’ll also be introduced to the psychoneuroimmunology of gratitude and learn how to embody personal excellence.
In this session, you’ll:
- Discover the 3 pillars of self-esteem
- Examine healthy narcissism and how to transcend the cultural restraints on growth
- Dissect and redefine the common and harmful teaching of false humility
- Explore the mind-body response to gratitude and generosity
Module 7: Creating Subcultures of Wellness — Supporting Outlier Life Beyond the Pale
In this closing module, Mario will share how you can find communities of excellence full of people who share your new views on aging.
Mario’s research and the research of his colleague at Harvard, Dr. Ellen Langer, independently found the importance of social support in maintaining cultural beliefs about longevity-wellness.
As this course comes to a close, Mario will discuss how the centenarian consciousness and other wellness practices you’ve learned require supportive co-authors to help you maintain gains and continue to grow.
A convergence of the four centenarian consciousness factors affords a mind-body perception of growing older as time simply passing, free of the cultural construct that aging means inevitable deterioration.
Centenarian consciousness includes a sense of having sufficient time for a meaningful life, viewing the genetics of illnesses as propensities that can be avoided, and understanding that self-love is the foundation for loving others.
In this final module, you’ll discover:
- The power of subcultures of wellness and how to create them
- How to live beyond the pale for health and longevity
- The psychoneuroimmunology of self-love
- More secrets of centenarians
Sale Page: https://theshiftnetwork.com/course/01MMartinez01_22