- Marlisa Brown
- 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 28, 2018
|Manual (0.62 MB)||28 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Methods of Assessment
- Identifying Patient Concerns
- Working as the Collaborator, Not the Expert
Know your Role with Behavior Change
- The 80/20 Talking Rule
- Stages of Change
- Behavior Change Strategies
- SMART Goals
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques
- Learning Styles
- Psycho-Social Considerations
- Environment & Economic Considerations
- Cultural Competency
Marlisa Brown, MS, RD, CDE, CDN, is a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator, Chef, Author, International Speaker, and Author of “Gluten-Free, Hassle- Free”, and “easy, gluten-free”. She has more than 19 year’s experience in the field of nutrition, and over 30 years culinary experience. Her professional honors include: The 2011 D.C.E. American Dietetic Association; “Diabetes Educator of The Year”, 2009, Long Island Dietetic Association; “Dietitian of the Year”, 2000, American Dietetic Association; “Emerging Dietetic Leader”, 2009/2010/2011, Long Island Press; “Best Nutritionist” and The 1994 Long Island University’s “Community Service Award”. Marlisa is President of Total Wellness Inc., a nutritional consulting company, where she works with over 50 patients each week. Adding to her achievements, she also has run corporate wellness programs, and created custom products for celebrities such as Richard Simmons’ “The Food Mover Program”, Kathy Smith’s “Project You II for Diabetes”, Jorge Cruise’s “The 3-Hour Diet Cookbook, and the meal plan for Leslie Sansone’s “Walk Away the Pounds”. In addition, she is featured on Vook TV.
Marlisa has served as an officer on many boards, currently serving as chair for The International Association of Culinary Professionals, BOD member for The Gluten Intolerance Group of North America and as past nominating chair for The American Dietetic Association’s DPG (“Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine”). She has served as past president, media representative, public relations, and bulletin chair for The New York State Dietetic Association and public relations chair of The Long Island Dietetic Association; she serves on the “dlife professional counsel”, the online companion to CNBC’s premier diabetes program. In addition, Marlisa has appeared as a speaker, presenter and program developer across the country for many organizations, companies, schools, and groups, including The American Association of Diabetes Educators, The New York State Dietetic Association, The Kennedy Space Center, Hofstra and Adelphi Universities, Goldman Sachs, Brookhaven National Labs, and The New York Jets.
Financial: Marlisa Brown receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Marlisa Brown has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from imcourse.net.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!