Justin Allan – The Thyroid Optimization Course
About the Course
In collaboration with Justin Groce, NP, The Elite Nurse Practitioner is proud to announce The Thyroid Optimization Course! This course is the definitive guide for the nurse practitioner on how to integrate thyroid optimization from a functional medicine standpoint into your practice! The information in this course can be applied to any practice setting including wellness clinics, weight loss practices (A BIG ONE!), primary care practices, HRT practices, and everything in between. It truly is one of those niche services any nurse practitioner can integrate into their practice!
Did you know over 20 million people in the United States have a form of hypothyroidism? Did you know that it is estimated that 60% of those people are unaware that they even have it? Instead, they chalk up their symptoms to getting older or their primary care provider has put them on an antidepressant masking the symptoms. For this reason, this is a hidden patient population that could utilize thyroid optimization therapy! And who better to do that than my nurse practitioner sisters and brothers?
Integrating thyroid optimization into your practice is a SOLID service line and additional revenue stream. Many patients are actively looking for these services as they have heard about them on various wellness and health focused podcasts, blogs, magazines, and so forth. Therefore, if you have a practice where you see patients who are interested in disease prevention, health optimization, and general wellness, then you should seriously consider providing thyroid optimization services into your practice.
Listen, you are not just managing standard hypothyroidism when you integrate thyroid optimization into your practice. What you are doing is looking at the patient from a holistic point of view. Many patients have bothersome symptoms such as depression, insomnia, low libido, erectile dysfunction, cold intolerance, poor skin/hair/nail quality, and foggy thinking (and many more) and unknowingly have sub-optimal thyroid levels. Just because the TSH/T3/T4 are below the threshold for diagnosis of standard “hypothyroidism”, that doesn’t mean that the patient couldn’t benefit from thyroid optimization as it often times can resolve their non-specific symptoms! Plus, studies have shown that optimal thyroid levels can prevent a plethora of chronic diseases. Therefore, this is a critically important service to provide in your practice.
These services can be provided in both an insurance accepting and cash only practice. If you are operating a cash only practice, this is a great additional revenue stream to add into your practice. You could easily add an additional $1-5k a month in revenue by simply adding on thyroid optimization services to your service lines.
This course will teach the nurse practitioner the ins and outs of thyroid optimization from a clinical standpoint, and also from the business standpoint in true Elite Nurse Practitioner fashion.
This course is designed to teach the nurse practitioner who has ZERO experience with thyroid optimization services on how to provide this in-demand service into their practice. It will also teach the nurse practitioner the business components including how to utilize compounding pharmacies for the thyroid hormones, marketing considerations, pricing, insurance billing, and more!
This course will provide the nurse practitioner the foundational knowledge to integrate thyroid optimization from an integrative and functional medicine standpoint into their practice.
You will learn:
- What thyroid optimization is from a practice standpoint.
- The prevalence and consequences of suboptimal hypothyroidism.
- The etiologies of thyroid disease.
- The differences between hypothyroidism, sub-clinical hypothyroidism, and sub-laboratory hypothyroidism.
- Thyroid physiology and the various types of thyroid hormones.
- The presentation of Hashimoto’s disease.
- How to assess the patient from a laboratory perspective.
- How to interpret various lab results when it comes to diagnosing thyroid disease.
- The subjective and objective findings of thyroid disease.
- Determining which types of patients are good candidates for treatment.
- How to utilize thyroid hormone medications, their dosing, and how to monitor the patient.
- The considerations of hyperthyroid disease for the nurse practitioner and how to evaluate, diagnose, treat, and refer the patient out for further treatment and evaluation of hyperthyroidism.
- How to integrate thyroid optimization therapy into your practice.
- The insurance and cash considerations of this service line.
- How to utilize informed consent to protect you.
- How to utilize compounding pharmacies with thyroid medications to increase your practices revenue.
- How to market thyroid optimization in your practice.
- How to succeed and more!
PLUS, this course will award 6 official CEU hours with 2 of those designated as pharmacology hours to help you stay up to date with your certifications and licenses!
There are 4 hours of video and audio content where Justin and I go over a 120-slide presentation in detail. There will also be streaming audio so you can learn on the go!
Additionally, this course will provide you informed consent forms, a laboratory reference cheat sheet, a thyroid medication reference cheat sheet, and a hypothyroidism evaluation and diagnosis algorithm. This course will provide you everything you need to know to get started today!
If you are wanting to integrate an additional revenue stream and service into your practice, then you should seriously consider providing thyroid optimization services! Not only will it increase your bottom line, but you will also help your patients live a healthier life! Therefore, you should get started today and as this will help build a more robust practice!
- Course Disclosure
- Course Pre-Test
- Section 1: Course Introduction and Why You Should Integrate Thyroid Optimization Into Your Practice (14:35)
- Section 2: Hypothyroid Basics, Prevalence, Types, and Consequences of Hypothyroidism (22:44)
- Section 3: Thyroid Physiology, Thyroid Hormones including TSH, TBG, Deiodinases, T3, T4, and Reverse T3 (24:16)
- Section 4: Hashimoto’s Disease and Laboratory Evaluation of the Thyroid (29:39)
- Section 5: Patient Evaluation, Objective/Subjective Findings, Selecting Candidates for Treatment, and Refractory Cases on Treatment (31:32)
- Section 6: Lab Principles and Lab Targets (6:02)
- Section 7: Pharmacological and Nutraceutical Treatments for Thyroid Optimization (28:07)
- Section 8: Hyperthyroidism Basics, Treatment Considerations for the NP, Signs and Symptoms (6:32)
- Section 9: Hyperthyroidism Evaluation, Treatment, and Referral (5:35)
- Section 10: Practice Integration Considerations, Payment/Billing, Malpractice, Informed Consent, and Documentation (12:58)
- Section 11: Utilizing Compounding Pharmacies, Pricing, Payment Models, and Lab Considerations (21:36)
- Section 12: Marketing Thyroid Optimization Services (17:49)
- Section 13: Revenue Potential, Profits, and Ending (6:57)
- Downloadable Additional Resources: Consents, Lab Cheat Sheet, Medication Cheat Sheet, and Evaluation Algorithm
- Streaming Lecture Audio
- Course Post-Test
- Course Evaluation
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from imcourse.net.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!